By Lindsey W.
The 2nd Annual Louisiana Crawfish and Gator Festival returns to the Ike Hamilton Exposition Center in West Monroe this weekend from May 4 – 8, 2016. And here are 5 reasons why you can’t miss this festival:
- Kachunga and the Alligator Show! You’ll be on the edge of your seat with this action packed Man vs. Alligator show. They will perform three shows every day of the festival.
- Music and dancing! The festival will feature John Anderson and Jo El Sonnier, as well as many local country bands and singers including Mustang Sally, Mike McKenzie, and Dave Gore to name a few. Click HERE for the full line-up.
- Fun for the kids with Rock-It the Robot and the petting zoo! Rock-It features lights and music with life-like facial expressions and movements. The petting zoo will feature rabbits, goats, kangaroos, and pony rides.
- Fireworks! The Crawfish & Gator Fest will go out with a BANG with a fireworks show to wrap up the week’s events.
- Crawfish! It’s Louisiana. What other reason do you need?
Admission is $10 for Adults and $3 for Children 12 and under. Special admission price on Wednesday is $1. Rides are $1.50 each and armbands for rides are offered Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Bring the whole family! There is something for everyone at the festival.
Wednesday: Open 4 pm to close
Thursday: Open 2 pm to close
Friday: Open 4 pm to close
Saturday: Open 10 am
Sunday: Open 11 am
For more information, click HERE to check out their website.